Every holiday and a few of my birthdays...my grandmother, the boys nicknamed her "blue Grandma" because she likes to wear blue, although, she doesn't seem to realize it, would make her famous jellyroll with whipped cream or on my birthday, she made it with ice cream....it was yummy, and I remember my mother telling me that she wouldn't make it because, it was Grandma's speciality.
Well, now that Grandma is not cooking/baking....and Jordan wanted the jellyroll ice cream cake from B&R...I thought I would try. The cake was relatively easy to make...whip it up, spread it in a jellyroll pan and bake. Take it out, invert it on a powder sugar covered dishtowel, roll and cool. Easy!
Um, until it was time to "carefully" unroll and spread the ice cream. The recipe called for chocolate mousse. I think that would have been easier....but, NO! Jordan wanted Cookies and Cream ice cream....grrr...Let's just say "more" ice cream always makes it better! I have no idea what it looks like once I cut it...guess we will find out tomorrow.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment