About Me

My photo
Hi! Our family blog is: http://hoopscardscrafts. I like all sorts of crafts including card-making, sewing, jewelry, knitting and crochet.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

After a two hour delay, Jeff and I made it hope to the Bay iArea around 4:30 pm. Luckily, United was able to find a crack in the hydraulic line that controls the landing gear BEFORE we left JFK...so, we ended up chaining planes. Unfortunately, this meant going back on the plane to retrieve our carry-on luggage. I had forgotten that I put my camera in the front seat pocket, and I remembered about 10 minutes prior to boarding our new plane. Luckily, I was able to have a gate attendant retrieve it for me. After thinking about it, I could have gotten a new camera...especially since I had downloaded all of my NYC pictures onto the iPad...oh, well...next time...

After picking up the boys, I went home to finish the dolls for the great-grandmothers. I worked on the legs, kimono, and obi on the trip...but, I still had to stuff and sew one body together and sew on the clasps....I finally was able to finish around 1 am...( 4 am NYC time)! They turned out cute...



This morning we joined the Jangs and Sekigahamas for The CYS Mother's Day pancake breakfast at the San Jose Betsuin (Buddhist Church). It was a nice breakfast fundraiser with almost 1,600 people attending. Afterwards, we did a little browsing in San Jose Japantown and met Gary for lunch.

After Ninja practice, we are heading to meet the family for dinner to celebrate Grandma's 95th birthday.



I think Grandma liked her doll...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment