About Me

My photo
Hi! Our family blog is: http://hoopscardscrafts. I like all sorts of crafts including card-making, sewing, jewelry, knitting and crochet.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Basketball and Camel Spiders....

Whoo HOO!!! North Carolina Tar Heels took the title last night....which is good...since the Commander-in-Chief had them going all the way in his NCAA pool. I'd like to say it was an exciting game...but since I went to Pirri's yoga class...I missed most of it. And it doesn't look like it was that exciting...oh well...

On to more exciting things. During our wonderful lunch on Sunday with the Birkelands and antiagos...Leonard told us "deployment" stories regarding the Camel Spiders. Okay...maybe it was the desert heat getting to him...but, the picture of the Camel Spider below...is yes, albeit scary...but, not the "Steven King" type of spider that Len described. (Len's story? let's just say it involved a helicopter, unfastening his pistol in case he had to shoot a spider, and something about "legs as long as going halfway up the wall...") Here is a website if you want to read about Camel Spiders.

Either way....I don't like spiders....these are still WAY TOO BIG....and I am SO HAPPY Len is safe and sound at home in Poway.


No comments:

Post a Comment